Posted by: Maggy | 2012-07-25

Afraid of infecting people with hiv

im afraid to socialise with people coz someone told me i could pass it by just talking to people or sharing drinks with them or my saliva couild spit into their mouth, and shaking hands, im confused of this canyouhelp with some info about the life of this virus, can it survive outside the body, in drinks or in saliva

Dear Maggy,

You have absolutely no need to be concerned with and afraid of socialising. The HIV virus is only found in infecting quantities in blood, semen, vaginal fluids and breast milk. So you cannot be infected by a person's spit on a glass, cup, spoon etc or whilst speaking to them.

Posted by: angel | 2012-08-04

lol how old are u maggie ?

Reply to angel
Posted by: Ben | 2012-07-26

I am amazed that there after all these years there are still people out there that believe you can catch HIV by a handshake. But someone who actually are infected with this little knowledge is actually really scary. Seeing that you posted here, it means you have access to the internet. Please do some research. There is an absolute plethora of information about HIV and AIDS on the internet. Do you even know hoe YOU got infected? Then you would know that only bodily fluids like blood and semen can pass it on. As for saliva, yes it does contain HIV but in such a low concentration that it is not at all infectious. The only way a handshake could infect people is if both of you had open, bleeding wounds on your hands.
Please do yourself a favour and get to a HIV counselor of some sorts. Again, with some research, you will find free counselors out there. And let them help you understand your condition, so that you can have a perfectly normal life - which you can

Reply to Ben
Posted by: billy | 2012-07-26

The virus can only be tranmitted by your blood, it means if you have sex, or the infected persons blood get into your bloodstream, by a cut or open wound. Saliva, then you must have more than a litter, people can talk a lot,they dont have any knowlege of it. Google it and see how it is transfered.So stop worroing and go on with your life.

Reply to billy
Posted by: Dimitri | 2012-07-25

Why don''t u do u''r own research,don''t listen to stupid is that

Reply to Dimitri