Question
Posted by: Daleen | 2008/07/23

afraid of flying

My husband is afraid of flying. We had heard there is a place where you can go to over come the fear. Do you know of such place or do you have any suggestion on how he can ofer come it.

I don't know of any PLACE to recommend, but any competent shrink, especially one practising Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) should be able to help him to unlearn this fear fairly promptly. Not long back we had a reader who asked and received this reply, and the next we heard from her, a few weeks later, was from Beijing, China, after she'd had a comfortable and enjoyable flight there !

2
Posted by: tossa | 2008/07/23

Get the book from Allen Carr. Not sure about the title. It is something like " The Easy way to overcome fear for flying" 

Reply to tossa
Posted by: eek | 2008/07/23

get hold of SAA they have regular courses for people with a flying phobia. faling all that tranquilisers work a charm

Reply to eek