Posted by: anon | 2010-06-03

afraid of being absent when sick

Hi i am sick today and really not feeling well. I know my body needs rest as i have a fever as well. I always feel like im being treated like a victum when call in sick. The team leaders make you feel bad for being absent, they always cold on the other end of the phone when you call in.How do i deal with this.

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

I cannot comment fully - I do not know your full absenteeism record. IF you have been using your alloted sick leave responsibly and frugally there should no problem taking off when you are fully and completely incapacitated from doing your required duties. Your employer is fully entitled to manage and monitor your absenteeism.

Posted by: anon | 2010-06-07

I dont have a history of being absent, i always perform well at my job as well.Thanks for your response.

Reply to anon