Posted by: Traumatised | 2009-01-12

In 2006 I lost my dad, I struggled for months to come to terms with his death and I was later diagnosed with depression and was put on medication. Later that year I lost my child through a miscarriage. A couple of months after my dad’ s passing my mother was diagnosed with cancer and was terminally for a period of 8 months and she died thereafter. We were terribly close and her sickness worsened my depression and I was in and out of hospital for months. 12 months later after her death, my fiancé  and my only support structure walked out on me. I was shattered and devastated. To make matters worse my mom’ s illness crippled me financially and left me with over 300 000 of debts to pay, I’ ve been so broke some days in the past year, I nearly went without food. I have since found a better job and I’ m now slowly paying everything. I have had a very traumatic 3 years and I’ m finding that I’ m constantly crippled by fear of what might happen next, I’ m constantly worried every single day fearing what might happen next in my life and its affecting my day to day function and I don’ t know what to do

You have suffered a series of tragic and sad bereavements. YOu both need and deserve expert counselling / therapy, to help you recover from all this, not only medication. You have handled a series of events, any one of which might have crushed a weaker individual --- your strength and courage are admirable, and with proper advice, you may be able to reap the benefits of this sooner rather than later

Posted by: T | 2009-01-15

Hi there - I' m so sorry that you went through this - YOU ARE ONE TOUGH PERSON as much as you dont think so the truth is you are - I' m a christian and I believe fear is not of God - I also suffered tremendous panic after losing my dad - my mind affected so bad - I had to take my focus of every thing and concentrat on God and the bible - God promises he will never leave nor forsake you - you are not alone - remeber if he brought you to it he will bring you through it
Hold on - help is just a prayer away

All the best

Reply to T
Posted by: Traumatised | 2009-01-13

Thanks, Wow, Its taught me what it really means to take things one day at a time and given how ill I got and how long I was hospitalised due to depression and its complications, its god' s miracle that I' m still here, everybody thought I wouldn' t make through my mothers death

Reply to Traumatised
Posted by: wow | 2009-01-13

I am sorry to hear what you have gone through, just reading it i dont think i would have coped. You are an exceptionally brave and strong woman to get up on your feet as you have..

Reply to wow
Posted by: and I thought | 2009-01-12

Wow, I am soo sorry you had to go through all that.
And I thought that I had it tough.
keep your chin up.... I feel for you

Reply to and I thought