Posted by: Bowey | 2008-12-04 2 cents

All the posts about affairs have prompted me to add my 2 cents worth - I was married to a man who cheated on me a few times. He was able to cheat a few times because I didn' t do the wise thing - walk away the first time anyone cheats on you. Cheating is a choice  its not something that " just happens"  or " can' t be helped" . It is a sign of how much the cheater disrespects you and how little he cares for you or the marriage. Today I am divorced and am often the target of married men. It enrages me when a married man makes a move on me!! I will not do to someone else what was done to me - I know how hurtful and dehumanizing it is when a person whom you love and trust betrays you in such a low way. Married people who cheat make me want to vomit. To everyone here who believes that it is right to cheat, even if you have been cheated on...shame on you!! Don' t make the choice to humiliate and destroy someone, even if you don' t know the person. You don' t have that right.

I totally agree that cheating ios ALWAYS a choice, and never compulsory or unavoidable.
I remember as a child struggling with a complex old children's book, the Water Babies, which had 2 characters well worth remembering --- Mrs DoAsYouWouldBeDoneBY, and Mrs BeDoneByAsYouDid.