Posted by: Lee | 2009-01-28

Is it an affair if there are secret meetings. No Sex. They may just be talking. I have read about emotional infidelity. Please explain.
I have recently found out that my husband has been emailing and meeting with a women. He says they meet for coffee and just talk. It started 2 years ago.
I dont know this women. He doesnt want me to meet with her.

Is it an affair? Just say that after 2 years... they was no sex.. which may just be a lie to cover up ... if there is no sex then why cant i meet with her...

Isn't it obvious ? Fidelity involves more than keeping your zipper intact. It includes being emotionally faithful, so private meetings, emotionally intimate, with another, is as much of an affront to one;s partner as physical infidelity. The issue for you is WHY he feels the need to sit and chat ( and presumably share emotional chat ) with anyone else, and apparently does not feel free to do so with you ? Marriage counselling is surely indicated.
Contrary to what some readers say, it is actually possible for a couple to haver a long series of emotionally intimate meetings without necessarily having sex. Sex is not the only important or satisfying part of a relationship. And the relationship can be just as wrong and damaging to your relationship with him, with or without sex

Posted by: Sam | 2009-01-28

Hmm i might know the two of them...
Def.cheating on you no doubt abou that

Reply to Sam
Posted by: WTF | 2009-01-28

Do you really believe this? When last did you see the tooth fairy? He is obviously cheating on you and I agree with R that the " no sex"  is a lie. What do they discuss and talk about? Surely he should rather discuss the issues with you, his wife? Why is she not a friend of the family if it is so insignificant? Your husband is a real jerk and should come clean.

Reply to WTF
Posted by: R | 2009-01-28

There is no way that they have met each other over this period of time and no sex!!! My wife did the same thing and ended up having sex and an affair and they just " chatted"  for one month. He should give her info to you if he has nothing to hide

Reply to R
Posted by: cc | 2009-01-28

Does she know your husband is married...? mabe u should try to get her telephone number or e-mail adres and meet her behind his back.... I would be fuming if I found this out about my husband... Her telephone number is probably on his cell phone? rather find out the truth then always having to worry.... He is having an emotional affair if he isn' t having sex with her.....

Reply to cc