Posted by: Fairy God Mother | 2008-11-25

Hi All,

I wonder if the guys and gals out there can answer this question please. Why do guys have AFFAIRS.

Posted by: Hurt Wife | 2008-12-01

I have read all the replys to this post and must say that while i agree with most of them i do not agree with Mom that men fall into only two categories. I have been married for 21 years and my husband recently admitted to having an affair. We have always been very happily married and have never had any major issues. When i asked him why he was very firm when he told me that it had nothing to do with our relationship, he had been stupid and allowed a much younger woman' s flattery to get to him. He has been going through a major midlife crisis and has a problem with getting older, a typical case of trying to recapture his youth, ie. dyeing the hair, tattoos, affair etc. While this has absolutely devastated me and put unnecessary strain on our marrriage, he has begged me to try again and i can see that he has changed. He has admitted that it was not worth the pain and hurt he has caused.

Please folks - before you even consider doing something like this ask yourself - is 5 minutes of orgasm worth destroying the trust built up between the two of you over a period of years, worth the pain it will cause your family.

Reply to Hurt Wife
Posted by: garra | 2008-11-26

Midlife crisis...... and desperate spinsters

Reply to garra
Posted by: Mom | 2008-11-26

I am definitely female and thank you!!!!

Reply to Mom
Posted by: Ja | 2008-11-26

Mom! - are you a man? Never heard a women make so much sense.

Reply to Ja
Posted by: Honey Bee | 2008-11-25

I fully agree with everybody. Why would you want to have an affair if you are happy with the person you love.

I have a friend who is going through major depression and she recently moved into a new area. She met this guy that works in the complex and they connected. Fine and well everything went well and they started communication. He is a indan guy she a white girl. They started seeing each other more often. They made out and all and then last week thursday he told her he was married with 3 children. She was devasted however on Friday he came over again and one thing led to another and well you know the rest is history.

She called me on Sunday saying that she is in love because he treats her so well and she admires him but she had not heard from him since Saturday and she was panicking. She told me yesterday that he had not contacted her either and not seen her at the complex.

I told her in a very subtle way that what she did was silly and that she should just cut him out.

Reply to Honey Bee
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-25

But what on earth could make you happier than simply BEING with the person you love?

Posted by: jade | 2008-11-25

I agree with you ANON. Aperson who truly loves you will never want to bring any harm to u, let alone hurt u.People have affairs coz they r unhappy, low self esteem therefore they try to boost their self esteem by sleeping around. My worry now is r they ever going to be happy, u cant quick fix self esteem, deal with it and stop hurting ur partner. if u dont want them, tell them. Affairs wont solve ur problems,

Reply to jade
Posted by: Anon | 2008-11-25

True Leez, some woman enjoy fooling around in another woman' s life. They get some sick satisfaction out of it. Mabe it' s woman who have low self esteem who wants to make herself feel better - at least better than the wife of the man she' s fooling around with.
If someone TRULY, I mean TRULY loves you, with all their heart, why would they hurt you and have an affair with someone else?? If you truly love someone with everything inside of you, would wouldn' t let any harm come to that person, whether it be physically or mentally. So WHY have an affair? That person obviously does not truly love you, it just makes sense.

Posted by: Leez | 2008-11-25

Be careful of generalizing - it' s not only the guys who have' s not even always the guy who initiates an affair......

Reply to Leez
Posted by: Mom | 2008-11-25

They fall into 2 catagories

They hound dogs and should never be in a relationship as they know they will not be faithful - woman are the same

They not getting what they need or want at home, their spouses nag and bitch and dont give them attention - which means a young lady shows them the time of day, they like it, want more and are soon sleeping with her for the attention he should be getting at home.

In case #1 - its his fault

In case #2 - its our fault. Woman in general need to stop nagging and bitching and treat their husbands like men. I dont mean crawl at his feet and be his slave, I mean love him like you did when you met, do little things for him like pack him a lunch for work and make love to him, bonk him silly once in a while (a quickie) and show you still the woman he fell in love with.

My mom always told me catching a man was easy, keeping him is hard.She was right!

Reply to Mom
Posted by: lower | 2008-11-25

It depend on individual, one can be fanny,one can be no longer attracted to the patner, one can be he/she never love the person she/he is involved with right now but due to the circumstances they are still together, one can the lack of morals, self respect,greediness, Usuallity

Sometimes people get married because of the kid not love, so the person dicide to have pleasure out side, because there is no way she/he will ever be happy she/he just stuck

Reply to lower