Question
Posted by: Worried | 2011/05/21

Affair with subordinate

I have been having an affair with my subordinate for about three years. I have treated her fairly when it came to work issues including increase and bonusssed.her salary is in line with others on the same level in the division. She told her friend about our affair and now because of her fallout the friend is blackmailing her and asking for payslips and she must do her work. Two questions what will happen to my job if my affair is reported. Two what rights has the blackmailing friend have to force her to do her work

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Affair with subordinate

Under certain circumstances and under certain terms and conditions of employment in particular work environments, relationships with subordinates at the same company are not allowed. If this is the case then it is suggested that one of you resign. However there is nothing in law stopping two individuals from having an affair. To blackmail someone is not acceptable and can be reported to the police.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/05/31

re: Affair with subordinate

Reply to Labour Lawyer