Question
Posted by: C | 2010-01-20

Affair at work with a married colleague

Hi there,

Can a compmay fire you if you have an affair with a married colleague and they find out?

Thank you.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: AFFAIR AT WORK WITH A MARRIED COLLEAGUE

No company can fire you if you have an affair with a married colleague unless there is a policy with regard to same.

5
Posted by: Trev | 2010-01-26

Unless U are flirting,E mailing,etc on company premisis and/or time,then its nothing to do with them.What I do in my own time[and off company premisis][unless its something illegal]has nothing to do with my employer.If they attempt to find other reasons to fire you,or make your life difficult,then thats victimisation,and you have rights in that regard.Thet can demand that you give every minute of the working day to the core busines function ie what U were emplyeed for,but anything in your own time,and off their premisis,is your business,and anything else would be an infringement of your rights.I have learned the hard way,that my work life and social life are two separate worlds.

Reply to Trev
Posted by: Whena | 2010-01-21

If you are worried that the husband will read the mails and sms' s and tell on you it is not innocent flirting

Reply to Whena
Posted by: C | 2010-01-20

No, man! I am not having an affair with a married colleague.
It was just innocent flirting (but the husband read the e-mails and sms' e). Worried that he may contact the director and tell on us.

Reply to C
Posted by: Whena | 2010-01-20

Unless it is stated in your letter of appointment that you are not to socialise with colleagues after hours (dont laugh i worked for a company that had it in theirs) or there is a clause that says that you will at all times uphold the morals of the company -NO. BUT the company can look for other reasons to fire you like disrupting the other colleagues or not performing your duties satisfactory.

Just do not let the company catch the 2 of you on the " job" . They will then fire both of you for misconduct

Reply to Whena
Posted by: Ano | 2010-01-20

leave married People alone you are F*(& *ing with Famlies

Reply to Ano