Question
Posted by: Natalie | 2010/11/26

AFA Blue Green Algae

I have read quite a bit - both positive and negative about AFA Blue Green Algae. I would like to see what the current medical expert opinion is on it ?

Natalie

Dear Natalie
I notice that you live in the UK. At the present moment I have not yet heard about the use of AFA Blue Green Algae in South Africa. I presume that you would use this product as a nutritional supplement, but because I have not yet read any scientific papers on their benefits, I am not in a position to comment. Hopefully these blue green algae are not contaminated with harmful toxins, which is a problem we encounter in South Africa where algal bloom on our water sources causes massive poisonings in the hot months.
I would suggest that you discuss the use of such a product with your pharmacist and/or gp in the UK.

3

Dear Natalie

Dear Natalie

Dear Natalie