Question
Posted by: Jayne | 2009-09-10

Aesthetics

Please tell me if I would look foolish if I asked my gynae next time I have a pap smear about having one of my inner labium trimmed to the size of the other. One is longer than the other and it bothers me terribly. I do not want to address this issue with a gynae if it can' t be helped. What would correcting the problem involve?

Correcting this would involve surgery and this has complications like all operations. You can discuss it with your gynaecologist but many women have unequal labia and this is not abnormal at all.