Question
Posted by: nas | 2009-05-14

aerobics or gym

hi.

i am looking to lose weight and tone my body. but am undecided as to what would be better for me...
would water aerobics be better or should i start going to gym?

Hi Nas

Why choose? I assume (forgive me if I am wrong) that you are going to be at the gym to do the water aerobics anyway, so why not plan 4 days a week of training and make 2 of them water aerobics, two gym. Then, if you find that you enjoy the aerobics more, you do it more often. If gym is better, do that. The key is to do it. So don't pick based on what you SHOULD do, rather go for what you WILL DO. On paper, gym probably offers more rapid results given your goals. However, it's not about doing this for a month. It might take you months to see progress, so whatever you do, it has to be the thing that you know you'll keep at. Personal preference counts an enormous amount here.