Question
Posted by: Neliswa | 2008/08/26

Aerobics and Gym

I am a female, will be turning 31 soon no child.My curent weight is 68 ks and my height is 151 cm. My ideal wheight is 55ks.I have just joine Aerobic classes but before i do Arobic i do the tredmill and the bicycle machine.I just want find out should i use the machines first or after aerobics? For a person my height what would be the ideal weight.

Hi Neliswa

My advice is to use the machines a little before, and a little after aerobics, so that you are not fatiguing yourself before impact, which can lead to injury. But doing a short cycle and walk to warm up is a good idea, and then a nice gentle cycle for a few minutes to cool down is also good. But I wouldn't do that right away - for now, why not just focus on the aerobics one day, and maybe running or cycling on another? There's not a massive benefit to be gained from doing the other activities all on the same day. You should rather try to get some exercise on 4 or 5 days a week, rather than 3 long days a week. So maybe mix it up a little.

As for ideal weight, there's a range, and I'd agree that you could probably get to 55kg without too much problem. it's a question of patience, though, you have to keep going at this for a while and give it a chance to work!

Ross

1
Posted by: Gym Freak | 2008/08/29

Use the BMI calculator on top of this page. Your current BMI is 30 which is according to the calculator is obese. Even 55kgs is overweight for someone your height. Please double check the numbers yourself. Combine cardio and weight, strength or endurance exercises to enhance your workout. There are some very useful guides on this site that can assist you in structuring a plan for you. Or enlist the help of a gym consultant, not necessary a personal trainer as you have to pay for their services. All the best.

Reply to Gym Freak