Posted by: Marissa | 2009-06-03

Aerobics and back pain

Good day,
I enjoy aerobics, but I have back problems in my family and when I had an X-ray a few years ago, they said I had a spondolysdyathis (I don' t think I' m spelling the name right) but its basically one of my lower spine bones sitting on the other. I do find my back gets a bit sore after aerobics. Is it bad if I continue and what excersises besides yoga and pilates can I do in the aerobics class that are low impact on my back?

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Marissa
Th really high impact exercises where you have both feet off the ground and your feet strike the surface with high impact, is probably not good for anyone. Low impact exercise like walking (where you always have one foot on the ground) are all good for you. Your body will tell you when you are doing too much. Yoga and Pilates are excellent exercises as it also mobilises the joints and even work the small multifidae muscles in between the vertebrae to strengthen your back.

Posted by: Healthy Bones Expert | 2009-06-18

If this pain is so severe, you should rather see a doctor who can do x-rays and the necessry tests to determine the cause of your pain

Reply to Healthy Bones Expert

Good day,
Please can you assist me I’ m suffering from a pain on my right femur its paining inside the bone especially at night,wish I can put something very heavy on my leg and I cant sleep when I have this pain.

Please advise and would appreciate if you can reply me via email.
Thanks in advance