Posted by: A. | 2009-03-02

Hi I exercise 2 to 3 times a week, I do aerobics, i want to know if it will really have an effect if i only go 2 times a week?
What can I do if i don' t have enough time to exercise in order for me not to gain weight ect. What can I eat in the line of sweets because I have a very sweet tooth!

Hi A

Sorry, I missed your questions.

It will certainly have an effect - anything is better than doing nothing, of course. However, if you can add a third day, then you are increasing your training load by 50%, and that's a big difference. So while I would not ever say that 2 days is a waste, it can be turned into a good routine by adding a third day, and then a fourth day per week.

As for sweets, it does take some discipline - you can't simply eat what you wish to, unless you're training at a very high level and volume. Fruits are a good option. I would not advocate cutting down on all sweet foods, but definitely you need to balance out your sweet tooth by looking at things like fruits, maybe yoghurts instead of cream, low fat instead of normal milk, etc. Those little things do add up.

Posted by: tes | 2009-03-09

You should really be doing 3 - 5 classes of aerobics if you' d like to lose some weight. Do you do any other exercise ie. walking during the week? maybe try walking / jogging then on the other 2 - 3 days, for about 30mins.
If you really have to eat something sweet, then try the canderal chocolate bars or dark (70%) lindt chocolate, because the dark choc contains antioxidants which are really good for you. I think licqorice is also fine for your sweet tooth. But don' t over do it. and eat it early in the day so you have the rest of the day to work the energy off. good luck.

Reply to tes