What is the best way to increase the bodies aerobic abilities? I need to shed some excess body fat but I' m just not winning. My diet is spot on as well as my weight lifting. I have read about " wind sprints"  and how it helps with fat oxidation.

Training, training, training.

Just as practice makes perfect in skill sports, the same is true for aerobic abilities. So depending on where you are starting, the objective is to increase what your body is capable of. For example, the target might be to get to 40 minutes of running, and you might be capable of 20 minutes now. If that's true, the simply running 20 minutes will cause your body to adapt, which will eventually allow you to run 25 minutes, and then 30 minutes and so on.

I'm not sure what you've been trying to do. And how do you know the diet is spot on? I just think you need to avoid gimmicky methods. Wind sprints would be where you do long sprints building up the speed progressively as you go. But that's secondary to the fact that you need to be spending 40 minutes a day doing that kind of activity, because if you're after weight loss, then you need to manage energy use and energy intake.

That's why I say the diet isn't necessarily spot on - if you're still not losing weight, then you're still taking in too much energy, apart from not burning energy.

That's about all I can offer not knowning more, but I do just think you mustn't get too caught up in the gimmicks.