Posted by: Ieentjie | 2009-01-19

Advocate withheld my retrenchment money

I was retrenched at work 2007. Hired an advocate (labourlaw specialist) who were recommended.
He handled the deal but to my loss did not ask for the deal I expected and was willing to settle for.
My money was paid to him in private account and after 4 months I had to go to an attorney to get my money. He paid me bits and pieces and still owes a lot but i cannot do anything unless I pay the lawyers R6500 to start process.
It seems that he isn' t an advocate at all - letter from Kaapse Balieraad to proof.
What can I do to get the retrenchment agreement between them
invalid as I did not sign anything he did all on his own and not even told me when he got the moneyl

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

You need to get legal aid who can help you pursue this money. It is not accepted to pay R6,500-00 to start a process.