Question
Posted by: Botlhoko | 2010/01/07

Advise please

I am 37 year old professional guy in love with a 35 old women, I love this women dearly and intent marrying her, since she is still unemployed I have taken the responsibility of assisting her and her daughter financially. The problem is she is always drinking alcohol in public places and her excuse will be she is bored since she has nothing to do during the day, I have tried to show her alternatives that can keep her busy but she does not take me serious, when drunk she is very rude with me. Do I marry this women hoping that she will change one day or what do I do, she does not even seem to appreciate things I am doing for her.

Why would you want to marry an alcoholic who habitually gets drunk in public ? And by assisting her financially, you are paying for her alcoholism and supporting and encouraging it. being bored is no excuse whatsoever, and if she can't find anything more useful to do with herself during the day, she'd make a very poor sort of wife.
If you marry her foolishly expecting her to :"change some day" one can almost guarantee that you will be bitterly disappointed - alcoholics rarely change, and NEVER change when there is no compelling reason to do so. And she's not appreciative ?
"Loving" someone in this way is bad for them as well as for you. If she is not very seriously and sincertely prepared to work with a shrink and an ongoing rehab program to stop drinking altogether and find a more wholesome way to spend her days, you could both be nheaded for chronic misery

2
Posted by: Rick | 2010/01/07

Wake up, this drunkard is USING you, are you blind????

She is taking advantage of your nature, DONT marry her. get RID of her.

Rick

Reply to Rick