Posted by: Lesley-Anne | 2009-08-06

Advise please

Dear Doc,
Thank you for this wonderful free service, its really appreciated.I have a few questions that I hope you can answer please.
My query is I have a normal skin, except now and again it gets dry around my cheeks.WIll THIS BE CONSIDERED " COMBINATION SKIN? I tend to have normal to dry and have started developing fine lines around my eyes (Im 32yrs).My other problem is for the last few months Im starting getting white-heads,they like these hard white bumps under my skin and my beautician said the only way to get rid of it is to take them out-manually-which she did,but using a pin!!Very painful and left a small scar and I though people with oily skin only get that.CAN YOU PLEASE SUGGEST A DAILY ROUTINE FOR MY SKIN TYPE .i found in the past if I use normal to oily (combination) skin products my skin gets too dry, and if I use products for dry skin it gets to oily!!SHOULD i JUST STICK TO NORMAL SKIN CARE PRODUCTS?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lesley-Anne, thank you for the question and it is my pleasure.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would ideally like to examine the skin before deciding on a treatment program. So my advice would be to consider consulting a cosmetic dermatologist or an aesthetic medical practitioner who can examine the skin.

Generally speaking I would stop using any granular scrubs or exfoliant face washes and only use a gentle glycolic acid based wash such as NeoStrata Clarifying Cleanser (twice daily). This can be followed with a topical product such as NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Cream (during the day) and the Bio-Hydrating and Renewal Cream (at night). If the skin feels to oily one may add NeoStrata Oil Control Gel.

Typically the small white heads respond well to salicylic acid or glycolic acid peels and I would stop the manual extraction due to the formation of scars. My advice would be to try the topical regime (4 to 6 weeks) and NeoStrata Glycolic Acid Peels (3 treatments 3 weeks apart) and see how the skin responds.

Posted by: megan | 2009-08-07

Good day
im 28 years old and have bad acne and a very oily skin i tried evrything birthcontrol but im of is im trying 2 get pregnant but nothing is happening i get my periods with very bad pains and bleeding alot sometimes 2 weeks i would appreciate it if you can give me some advise

Reply to megan