Posted by: Kayla | 2009-03-05

Advise on Nordette and Intercourse

I have started my first course of Nordette as this is the first time that I am using contraceptive method. I have been on it for just over 3 weeks.

I am now onto the red pills on the course.

I should be getting my period in a day or so.
Is it safe to sleep with my boyfriend before I get my period or should we refrain from having any intercourse cause there could be a chance of pregnancy.

Also what are the red pills for as there are only a few of them?

You are protected throughout your cycle. The red pills are to bring on a period. They contain no active hormone.

Posted by: D | 2009-03-05

The red pills are your placebos - you should only have 7 in your pack. These are non hormonal pills and should be taken daily so you do not forget the cycle of pills but they have no effect. You rather be safe than sorry at such an early stage. Wear a condom or refrain as every one is different and you may fall pregnant. We stopped wearing a condom after me being on Nordette after 3mths!

Reply to D