Question
Posted by: Annon | 2011-06-21

Advise

Good Afternoon,
I got legally divorced in 2004 , I got the house and everything even thought we were married cop coz he refused to appear in court. He refused to move out of the house and we made up and had another child, I have tried to live and hope the physical and verbal abuse will change, don''t get me wrong it did change but not for long. He is the kind of hubby who has no time for his family, I spend weekends at my family''s place with my 2 kids, he goes to his friends and only gets home the following morning. We had a big argument on Sunday and I told him to move out, he refused again. I don''t love this man anymore and I am very unhappy and tired of the abuse, what must I do. Is the legal divorce still valid after living with this man for another 7 years.
Thank You

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

If your divorce has been granted than you are legally divorced. The only way that you could not be divorced anymore is if you get married again. Living together does invalidate a divorce.

2
Posted by: SADSA | 2011-06-23

Yep, ooops, sorry :(

Reply to SADSA
Posted by: Just asking | 2011-06-22

Expert. Do you mean living together does NOT invalidate a divorce after being legally divorced ? Slip of the finger ?

Reply to Just asking