Question
Posted by: DOLLAR | 2012/05/30

ADVICE PLS

We are newly wed couple and want have a baby but my wife is HIV+ AND I am HIV- . Is there any posibilities for us to have a baby ?

Dear dollar

Yes it is quite possible for you and your wife to achieve a pregnancy. The first important thing is to make sure your wife’s CD4 count is within normal limits and her viral load is low or preferably undetectable. If however everything else is normal in other words her fallopian tubes are patent, then you would be able to achieve a pregnancy with artificial insemination or intrauterine insemination.

Answered by: Dr Y.M.DASOO