Question
Posted by: Gracie | 2010/11/26

ADVICE PLEASE!

I had a fight with a very close male friend this week & mdash - things were said which I deeply regret (I really climbed into his character) I have apologised a dozen times - he ignores my calls, my sms, messages I leave for him. I know he must be really angry with me & mdash - I have asked him to tell me if he wants to stay out of his life - he even ignores that!!! My heart is breaking as I have strong feelings for this man but he does not react to anything I say .... PLEASE some advice here ... what can I do & mdash - must I just leave it alone for now and hope it eventually comes right or just give it a complete miss???? My heart is breaking ..... thanks

SUrely indeed he is hurt and angry. But this is not the best time to harrass him for responses and decisions. Give him time to think through this all.
& mdash, of course !

14

& mdash, of course !

Posted by: gracie | 2010/11/26

thanks Lizard I will do just that ......

Reply to gracie
Posted by: lizard | 2010/11/26

if he''s also got feelings for you, he''ll come around, you cant stand in the way of love, just keep quiet for now, you''ve said sorry and begged, its enough...

Reply to lizard
Posted by: Gracie | 2010/11/26

Thanks for the advice! I think I have actually humiliated myself by begging him to forgive me .. he was not totally innocent in the fight either ... he said some really mean things and I retaliated, but got carried away. I have cried and begged, but to no avail. Well I am done making a fool of myself ... he knows where to get hold of me should he ever want to speak to me again ... how many calls, sms and messages does it take for someone to realise how sorry the other person is??? Maybe I will just leave him alone if that is what he really wants ..... thanks for your input .....

Reply to Gracie
Posted by: GRACIE | 2010/11/26

when u type a dash it does not appear as a dash but inserts the word!!

Reply to GRACIE
Posted by: Woman | 2010/11/26

If you really want to hurt a man, break his ego, I think hat''s what happened here. You''ve apologised, send 1 last email, where you apologise, tell him that loosing the friendship would hurt more than anything and that you realise he needs time and that you will leave him alone. Then do just that, wait for him to contact you.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Purple | 2010/11/26

You''ve said sorry. Let him have time to cool off. You might have upset him so much he wants to break all ties with you. Phoning him constantly is just going to worsen things. Leave him alone now, when he''s ready he will contact you, otherwise accept that you were nasty to him and have now ruined the friendship (offering him a lunch bar won''t help though).

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Me | 2010/11/26

Clearly he is hurting. You can only offer an apology, and somehow get him to believe how sincere you are by your actions as well. You can''t make him forgve you, or make him talk to you.

Just let him know that you are willing to work on this, if ever he sees fit to forgive you and include you in his life again.

If he is avoiding your calls, and ignores your SMs''s, then go and see him so you can iron this out face to face, and if that fails, then send him a letter, but somehow, he has to know that you are truly sorry, and then it''s up to him...

Reply to Me
Posted by: Man | 2010/11/26

The lesson here is do not lay into a mans character if you have strong feelings for him and his mdash.
Learn and move on.I think you have blown it, men''s egos are fragile.

Reply to Man
Posted by: Linus | 2010/11/26

I think it is a bug in the forum software that kicks " &  mdash"  into the text.

Reply to Linus
Posted by: ? | 2010/11/26

mdash? please clarify

Reply to ?
Posted by: Krristen | 2010/11/26

Me three, whats mdash

Reply to Krristen
Posted by: Me Too Naz | 2010/11/26

That makes the two of us...what is mdash?

Reply to Me Too Naz
Posted by: Nax | 2010/11/26

What is mdash?

Reply to Nax