Question
Posted by: Girl | 2010/08/23

Advice please

HI there
Just need some advice - how do I just let go!? I have such an amazingly blessed life, a husband I love with all my heart and nothing to really worry about except I cant control my thoughts!!! I would convince myself that someting is wrong with me, that I dont love my husband enough that I am not over my ex boyfriend (who I havent seen in more than 5 years and have absolutely no need or want to ever see or hear from him again) but then things remind me of him and I feel guilty (I shouldnt be thinking of him) or I convince myself that I dont deserve this happiness because of him. It just all feels so jumbled up in my brain. I remind myself that I cant be happy before I sort out this problem and I personally think it has nothing to do with my ex but everything to do with the fact that I am a perfectionist and feel like I cant forgive myself for allowing someone to hurt me so badly? Sometimes I worry that I have depression but I laugh and love and enjoy life and love food etc I just want to feel calm and relaxed and just live in the moment. *sigh* any advice please?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear "Girl"

You seem quite desperate in that you have it all except it seems too slip thru your hands?

You asked: "how do I just let go!?" If you feel jumbled up in my brain, it seems you need to learn some psychological or emotional coping skills. by attending neuro/biofeedback training, mindfulness or find some more activities that engage "RR" you will find these skills easily and effectively.

If you are concerned about depression a skilled HCP is the best place to go asap.

Warmest,
Justin

Dr Justin J. Kennedy
B.Soc.Sci; MSBC; PhD

1
Posted by: Stress Reduction Expert | 2010/08/26

Dear "Girl"

Warmest,
Justin

Dr Justin J. Kennedy
B.Soc.Sci; MSBC; PhD

Reply to Stress Reduction Expert