Posted by: Dinky | 2009-08-14

advice please

Dear CS or readers, I would appreciate a little advice. I am an extremely friendly person that almost always smile and hide every little worry behind that smile. If I don' t hear from my friends occassionally I get paranoid and think they are mad at me for something, I started a new job about 6 months ago and although I am doing extremely well I am still so worried that something is going to go wrong and I will lose my job.. I know this sounds extremely dumb but these are some of the fears I live with everyday. I will do anything for the people around me even if It is something I don' t want to do. I dont think I have enough self confidence to just be myself and not worry what other think.

I need to get this right, I started studying again and I need to learn and not worry. How can I boost myself into seeing that these worries are useless? Any advice please or websites I can read?

Kind Regards

So you worry needlessly, even when you know there's no useful need to worry ? This can make you a marvellous pal, but it leaves you dangerously open to being used and exploted. It'd be useful to see a counsellor, especially of the CBT (Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) variety, to work on enhancing your self-confidence and self-esteem. You coul d then be more happy, relaxed, effective --- and just as nice.