Posted by: Nash | 2009-08-06

Advice Please

Please can I have your input?
We did ivf in Jan, had two blastocyst replaced…  no luck. BFN
We have one that is frozen. Should we try the treatment with this blastocyst, what are the chances of just this one working? Please let me know what you think.

Thanking you kindly

Dear Nash

The fact that you still have a blastocyst and if they have frozen it then usually they wouldn’t have frozen it if the quality were bad. My advice is that you should have a frozen embryo cycle even though the success rate is less than a fresh cycle. The success rate of a frozen embryo transfer cycle is between 20-25% in general however with a single embryo frozen embryo transfer cycle it may e in the region of 15%. I still however think it is worthwhile trying and transferring the frozen embryo.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Nash | 2009-08-19

Thank you Dr!

I will do it, what have I got to lose right!

Reply to Nash