Posted by: CJ | 2009-08-02

Advice please

I posted the below a while ago: I had the brown discharge for 4 days, is that right?

Subject: Advice please
Posted by: CJ | 30/7/2009

Please could you help me, we have been trying for a baby since november, been to the gynae once a month to help. Stopped going as its expensive. My cycle has been fine, this month i came on 22nd July and finished on Monday. Wednesday and today (thursday) i have a brown discharge. What does this mean? Thank you

Posted by: Gynaedoc | 1/8/2009
This is probably just old blood from the end of your period. It can take up to a year for a normal healthy couple to conceive.

It usually means that the womb lining is not coming away evenly. I don't know what treatment you are having for your fertility, but this on its own should not be a problem.

Posted by: R | 2009-08-03

Hi. I have the same thing quite ofter soon after my period.

Reply to R