Question
Posted by: binky | 2008/09/04

advice please

hi. my husband and i are divorcing. he made me look like a completely crazy person in front of the entire world only to please a few people in his life. right now people think i am a pshychopath, suicidal, financially irresponsible and crazy - because of him. how does one come to terms with everything and move on. i spoke to a pyschiatrist who actually thinks that the problem lies with him. she believes that he has issues that he needs to deal with. the good thing is that she does know him also so he advice can be trusted. but i still have so many unanswered questions in my mind. how do i forget and move on. when your husband tells you he doesnt want to be with you anymore you feel so low, no self confidence and regardless of what you accomplish and i have over the past few months - you still feel worthless! what do i do?

i need to make a life for myself. but i cant let go of what has happened. do people that do these things to their loved ones ever realise what they are doing? can they actually look in the mirror and feel good or happy?

advice please

This musty have been a very hurtful experience for you. People who actually know you, will know whether whatever he said was accurate or lies. Only people who are committed friends of his, and hardly know you, may wonder whether he was right. And I hope most people have the sense to realize that during a divorce, harsh and untrue things get said about people.
Work with your psychiatrist to move on. And remember the best way to prove him wrong, to anyone who might be paying attention ( and there'll be far fewer of those than you think ) is by living well, happilly and constructively. Never forget that you are valuable and important, and that your husband has nothing to do with that --- your worth isn't a gift from him, it's something you are born with.