Question
Posted by: Batty | 2009-03-27

Advice on whether to get a friend or not

I have a jack russel who is extremely attached to me and vice versa. It breaks my heart when i have to go to work and leave him alone at home. He has a habit of getting out while I am not home and taking himself for a walk in the complex and is friends with all the dogs there. My question is if I got him a friend would he be more content with staying inside? He gets alonfgwith other dogs very well but as soon as they are in the house and sit on me or play with them, he immediatley puts up a fuss and gets quite jealous. Hes nine years old, do you think he would adjust to having a friend and having to share his mommys attention?

Dear Batty

I always think two dogs are better than 1 when left during the day.