Question
Posted by: Emma | 2012-05-08

advice on positioning?

Hi Fitz

Can u advise me -

1. How to sit on the spinner such that I am stressing my buns as much as possible

2. How to do that ''bridge plank'' exercise - again such that I am putting maximum stress on the bum

I have a great a$$ just am trying to figure out how to get it to do some real work and in the process firm up nicely. By the way I am not trying to decrease its size - pls just advise me how I can firm it without losing fat from it, or are the two mutually exclusive?? Must I not go so fast on the spinning bike or something?

PS any other great butt firmers u can think of, pls advise. All my bum needs is a bit of lift and firmness, not reduction.

thanks

Em

Hi Emma

Further forward shifts the workload more to the glutes. If you want to use the quads more then you go backwards on the saddle, whereas forward uses glutes and hamstrings more. But these are tiny effects, I have to warn you - they really don't do much in the larger scheme of things. More important is just to get the time in.

Then in terms of the exercise, the plank is where you are stomach down, the bridge is where you're on your back, so they're a little different. The bridge is more for the glutes, you just lie on your back and lift your hips up, focusing on your glutes to keep your hips elevated, knees at 90 degrees, and stay stable. Hold for 10 seconds, and then drop down, and repeat 6 times. Once you get stronger, hold for 20 seconds each time, eventually for one minute at a time.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012-05-15

Hi Emma

Reply to fitnessdoc