Posted by: Brown Eyed Girl | 2009-09-01

Advice on irratating colleague

I wonder if you could please help.

I have one of the most irritating colleagues in the whole wide world. We sit together in one office and i have to go past her everytime i need to get out the office. She leans with her chair against the wall everyday and everytime i want to get past i have to say excuse me please can you push your chair in. i feel i am in Alcatraz with this woman. She complains daily that her husband has not got work and how are they going to pay the bond but yet she goes to woolworths everyday buys food and then also buys face products to the value of 2000. Yet she complains about not having money. I am tired of this woman and about to blow a gasket because everyday its the same story. She even times how long i go to the toilet... This woman is only 34 and a mother of 2 and married for the 4th time..

Please can i have some advice.

Can't you discuss this with your boss or someone in HR ? Maybe the furniture in the office should be re-arranged so she cannot block your access to your own desk, or, espeially if you need to get in and out more than she does, maybe you should swap desks ? She sounds like a generally silly and thoughtless, feckless person if she wastes her money as you describe and has money problems, but that's her problem, not yours.