Question
Posted by: Zama | 2008/06/30

Advice on Ceasar

I am confused about undergoing ceaserain section . I an currently 31 weeks pregnant and the baby is in breech position which the dr. said it is not a problem we will see by 35 weeks if it would have turned to the correct position. However, I had miscarriage at 6 weeks before this pregnancy and have spotted very lighly once during the current pregnancy at around 10 weeks.

As the pregnancy progressed the dr. mentioned that i have a small fibroid which is located outside the uterus , again he said it is not a problem. only last week at a check-up of 30 weeks he mentioned that i will need to undergo a c-section because of my past history i.e spotting, miscarriage and fibroid.

I need advice as to how much risk there is if i deliver the normal way as i did with my first pregnancy 4 years ago? this is the second pregnancy after miscarriage of October 2007 and i conceived after first normal cycle this time.

I don't think that the miscarriage and spotting are reasons for a caesarean. The fibroid is only a problem if it low down and would prevent the baby from delivering. If the baby remains breech, it would be better to have a ceasarean but, if it turns, this should not be necessary.

3
Posted by: Sue | 2008/06/30

Zama - What ever is safest for you and your baby will be! The docs should be able to tell you closer to the time! ALL THE BEST!!

Reply to Sue
Posted by: SUE | 2008/06/30

ELLA - ARE YOU A DOCTOR ???- HER Q WAS ALSO ABOUT HER FIBROID? NOT BREACH - YOU ARE JUDGEMENTAL AND DONT LISTEN _ YOU CANT BE A DOC?

Reply to SUE
Posted by: Ella | 2008/06/30

so your little one is almost here !
if its a breach there are now way you can have a normal birth exept when you want to take a risk ! which i doubt.
with my experince it will be unlikely that the baby will turn in the corect position at this stage, what profesional docters do is they turn the baby by pushing on your tummy, that normally happens about 3 visits before you should go in ( not on the same day ) also with a risk,the cort can go around the neck If this was my decission I would go for a c-section.

Reply to Ella