Question

Advice Needed

Hi doc. I know this might sound petty, but it''s a big issue to me, and I don''t know what to do. If you have 2 choices in life, of doing one of two things, would you choose to do something because it is more practical and financially viable, or something which you absolutely have a passion for in you heart but might not be as lucrative as the other. Also my husband is a bit conservative, and he believes in sacrificing your heart''s desires for financial stability and security. But if you''re not going to be happy, then what''s the point?

A counsellor can help to explore such options and enable you to make a wiser decision. Without too many details, think, for instance - are they mutually exclusive options ? Or could you do mostly A and some of B ? Or A now, and B later ? Have you drawn up a list of the advantages and disadvantages of each, and tried to weigh them against each other ?

1