Question
Posted by: B | 2009-09-16

Advice needed

I haven' t had a bout of thrush for a while now and lately I have been trying to be more hygiene concious down there cos I seem to have an odour problem and I don' t know how to solve it, so what I did was I bought this feminine soap called Gynagard and have been using it for about a week now with no reactions to it, but then I also read that you can use baby wipes to help stay fresh down there so when I went to the shops on Sunday I found that Lillets has a feminine wipe which is supposed to be ph balanced, so I used the wipes for the first time on Sunday and afterwards there was a funny feeling coming from there almost like a very slight warmth but I didn' t think anything of it but now I am very itchy down there and I know that I haven' t really done anything to bring on a bout of thrush so I was wondering if I am just having a reaction to one of these products that I have now started using. I also take Probiotic Intense every day. I have started rubbing A-Por cream on it but don' t know if there should be something else I should be taking or doing.
What is your opinion on this and what treatment do you think I should be taking. Do you think these wipes and soaps are healthy and can you suggest anything else for the odour problem.

It sounds like you may have had a reaction to the feminine wipe. Stop using it and see if the symptoms resolve. It is best to use nothing at all other than water and a mild soap as you were doing before.

1
Posted by: B | 2009-09-16

Sorry doc I also forgot to mention that I seem to have a bladder problem and suffer from incontinence and I think that also adds to the odour, that and the fact that I am very overweight.

Reply to B