Question
Posted by: ben | 2008/08/05

advice needed

about a year and a half back i made friends with a group of guys through my ex. they all seemed pretty cool and we got on fairly well. obviously i got on better with some than others. i wouldnt say that i and any of them are real close but it could happen over time. recently an issue came up which split the group. one of the guys repeatedly kissed/slept with one of the others guys girlfriend. the cheater knew what he was doing and still decided to screw over his mate and alienate himself. so now he has min friends.

today i got a message from him (the cheater) saying we should get together and catch up. we were never that friendly and i battled to talk to him sometimes, so his mesage seems a little fake and desperate. my question is, what should i do? ignore him or what? what he did isnt cool (if it happened to me i would want to take his head off) and im way better mates with the guy who got cheated on. but im also good mates with the cheaters best mate, so if i ignore the cheater or act harshly like i should then i stand to lose my other mate. so things are really complicated. any suggestions, how should i handle this situation?

Why on earth would you for an instant think of doing anything other than ignoring him ? You know now what he's like, and how totally he disregards the feelings of others --- is that really what you need in your life ? Simply tell him that what he did makes you feel you really don't want to remain friends with him ; and if your other mate rejects you for this, then he's not a friend, and well worth losing as well. The friends you choose tells people a lot about you --- friends like these guys don't tell people something you really don't want to say about yourself. And yopu're surely not so desperate for pals ?

2
Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2008/08/05

If you stand to loose a mate because you refuse to go out with a cheater what kind of mate is he/ she?

Not one worth having.

Reply to Bob&#39 s Girlfriend
Posted by: ben | 2008/08/05

thanks cs, thats the kind of answer i needed.

Reply to ben