Question
Posted by: TLB | 2010/05/22

Advice : he wants to go to reunion alone

Please help me : he has hurt me in the past (a few lies about who he is with, hectic facebook chatting), but he is sorry and we have been working on this. He loves me and wants to spend the rest of his life with me, I do believe him.

I am trying very very hard to get over the past hurts and to understand that he has learnt alot from what he has done. I can see the effort he is putting in.

BUT, he now wants to go to his 10th reunion alone! His group of 8 mates have voted against partners. Why?? I dont understand when we always do things together. Boys'' weekends are cool, I dont mind that... but this bothers me.

Advice??

Maybe you believe what he says, but you could reasonably be unsure as to whether he will do what he says. Maybe couples counselling would help.
Boys reunions, if they're planned to be al-male, are as they are. I've known women also have hen parties with no men invited, and they weren't necessarily seen as sinister

3
Posted by: nick | 2010/05/23

if he wants you to be his wife the reunion would be the perfect place to showcase his new love,,, dont u think? he could for just this one time go against the wishes of the boys for his future love partner surely... or is that too much to ask for, it could be a way of gaining maturity for marriage by learnin to stand up to the boys and sumtimes say no which will happen in the future i.e. when a baby is born he might need to help you feed the baby rather then go with the boys so he might as well get used to the responsibilyt that comes with choosin a woman over male friends

From a female

Reply to nick
Posted by: tlb1 | 2010/05/22

I agree - boys weekends are great... we have been in couples counselling... it has been great, but I am battling to get to the point where i can simply forgive AND forget... i seem to be blocking the forgetting thing!

Reply to tlb1