Posted by: Darren | 2012-09-30

Advice for sore right shoulder

Hi fitnessdoc. Not sure if this question is appropriate, but I have had a somewhat sore shoulder for about a week and a half.

I can lift it up with only a little pain but when I lower it by the halfway mark, it''s really sore. Is it a rotator cuff problem?

I''ve used panamor tabs, deep heat, deep freeze gel, ice, voltaren. Not sure what else could I use, besides a checkup. Any advice?

ps. I do train with nunchakus (martial arts).

Yes, it is most likely a small tare in one of the rotator cuff muscles. I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination and a possible MRI scan of your shoulder. In light of all the medication you have used, there is not much that I can suggest, besides to continue with Panamor tablets and to apply heat and cold compresses three times a day. Panamor tablets should not be taken for more than ten days.

Posted by: Darren | 2012-10-03

Hi Dr Anrich

Thanks for the advice.

I have detected great improvement in the shoulder, with much less pain and more movement, so at this stage I will just rest it more and see a doctor if it does not get to 100 % although it seems on the way to full recovery.

Reply to Darren