Posted by: Sam | 2009-01-23

Advice about a guy

Hi Everybody,

This is probably a silly question but I need help on this.

I have met this guy about a year ago and since then we have seen each other about once a week. We go to the movies, for dinner, etc. We also bought each other Christmas presents last year. I didn’ t think anything of it, because I do this with all my friends. Male and Female. A while ago I started getting the impression he thinks we are a couple. That was just because of comments that his friends make, stuff that his sister said, and I overheard him talking to one of his friends about me. He also said that the only person he spent money on is me, although every time we go out, I pay half??? Anyway, he never ever tried to kiss me, or even hold my hand. So, when we are together it seems like we are only friends, but it is certainly not the impression that I got when I hear comments like I mentioned before.

I am not interested in a relationship with him, but now he wants to see me more often and I don’ t want to spend more time with him.

Is this something that I have to discuss with him, and how would I approach it? I am not famous for being tactful and don’ t want to do the wrong thing.

Maybe he's very shy and inexperienced in relationshis ? Anyhow, the only way to find out what he thinks is happening is to talk it over calmly with him. Sounds like you've been stringing him alonfg somewhat --- this has been a long year of going out together, if he's a guy you really don't want to see more of.

Posted by: lilly | 2009-01-23

talk to him!

Reply to lilly
Posted by: Shaz | 2009-01-23

Is there a particular reason why you are not interested in having a relationship with him? I mean a year is a long time to waste on someone you have no interest in being romantically involved with.

I think you should be honest with this guy and not string him along any further. Think about it this way............You don' t want him, so set him free to find someone who will love him.

This is a very strange situation. I mean going on dates for a year, no kissing, no talking about where this is going etc, very strange indeed.

Good Luck to you!

Reply to Shaz