Question
Posted by: Mbali | 2011-02-03

Advice

Hi doc, I am 25 year old lady and I have this principle of sayng and believing that, whatever you consume must come out-the very same day. I drink black forest herbal tea everyday. I weigh 43 kilos and now everyone says I look tired and apparntly I have dark lining under my eyes.
So could I be anorexic, its a disease of teenagers and I am very happy with my weight,regardless of what everyone says.
So please confirm with me since this is your levl of xpertise,so I can tell this people that I am not anorexic but I am just detoxing by drinking the tea.

Kind Regards
Mbali

Dear Mbali
As you have not provided me with your height in metres, only listing your weight as 43 kg, I can't calculate your BMI to judge if you are seriously underweight or not. However, a weight of 43 kg in any adult woman who is taller than 1.5 metres, is getting dangerously low. It is a pity that you need to take Black Forest Herbal tea to ensure regularity because daily use of harsh laxatives eventually leads to a loss of normal bowel function. Your friends may well be correct and you may well be seriously underweight. Detoxing is also not necessary and can lead to a variety of deficiencies and further bowel damage. Anorexia and other eating disorders are not just a teenage disease, but can affect both men and women at any age. Behaviour such as excessive purging by using harsh laxatives and very low body weight may well be indications of an eating disorder such as anorexia or orthorexia.
Take care

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-02-03

Dear Mbali
Take care