Question
Posted by: SARAH | 2011-01-26

ADVICE

DOCTOR THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING ALL MY QUESTIONS AND GIVING ME ADVICE.I RESPONDED ON UR EMAIL THIS MORNING BUT ANNEMARIE GAVE ME ADVICE NOT TO RESPOND BACK ON UR ANSWERING I SHOULD RATHER SEND A NEW EMAIL.

MY QUESTIONS TO YOU THIS MORNING WAS? 1.IF I ADD COTTAGE CHEESE ON MY PROVITAS INSTEAD OF MARMITE WILL MY CALCUIM BE ENOUGH.

2.I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH IS 30 G OF PEANUTS,IS A HANDFUL TO MUCH,SHOULD I MAKE IT LESS OR IS IT FINE,

3.THE PEANUTS I BUY IT SALTED,IS IT A PROBLEM OR SHOULD I BUY THE PEANUTS AND RAISINS PACK,THEY DONT ADD SALT TO THE PACK.SHOULD I REPLACE THAN THE PEANUTS WITH HOMEMADE POPCORN,BAKED IN 2-3 TEASPOONS OF OLIVE OIL,SUNFLOWER OR CANOLA OIL AND HOW MUCH MUST I EAT OF THE POPCORN AS A SNACK

4.THE COFFEE THAT I DRINK WITH 1 TEASPOON SUGAR AND 2% LOW FAT MILK WILL IT NOT HAMPER MY WEIGHT LOSS,MUST I USE SKIM MILK INSTEAD OF 2% LOW FAT MILK AND MUST I TAKE OUT THE SUGAR.

5. IF I EXERCISE 30 MINUTES IN THE MORNING AND 30 MINUTES IN THE AFTERNOON OR 1 HOUR BEFORE SUPPER 5 DAYS A WEEK,IS TONING EXERCISES STILL NECESSARY AS I DONT WANT TO BUILD MUSCLES I JUST WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT

5.SUPPER
CAN I REPLACE MY SUPPER WITH:
HALF OR FULL CUP OF COOKED BROWN RICE
HALF CUP PUMKIN WITH CANDEROL SWEETENER
HALF CUP SALAD MADE OUT OF CARROTS AND CABBAGE WITH 1-2 TEASPOONS LOW FAT SALAD DRESSING
1 CHICKEN BREAST COOKED WITHOUT SKIN OR FISH.

BECAUSE AT NIGHT I GET HUNGRY EASILY.

IM SORRY FOR ASKING ALL THIS QUESTIONS DOCTOR BUT I DONT WANT ANYTHING STANDING IN MY WAY OF LOSING WEIGHT ,I ALSO DONT WANT TO EAT OR DRINK FOOD THAT WILL HAMPER WITH MY WEIGHT LOSS.

THANK YOU DOCTOR

Dear Sarah
Goodness me, you are going to exhaust me with all these questions! But I will try and answer them. Annemarie is correct. You need to post a new message every time as I do not look at old postings. You won't get sufficient calcium from 1-2 tablespoons of cottage cheese to supply your daily needs. If you have a kitchen scale weigh out 30g of peanuts to see how much a portion is. Otherwise take a tablespoon and measure out 2 tablespoons. A handful could be much more depending on how big your hand is! There is no harm in sticking to peanuts, just don't eat large portions. Drinking coffee with 2% milk without sugar is fine. Toning exercises like sit-ups are always useful to tighten muscles without building them up, but don't use heavy weights because this does build up muscles. The supper your propose should be fine, just don't eat very large amounts of meat (50g should be adequate).
Good luck again

2
Posted by: Tania | 2011-01-26

Dear DietDoc,
Not sure if you are the correct person to ask about this. My 6 year old hardly eats much variations of foods as she is just so darn fussy and I cannot force her etc. She mostly eats for breakfast either a slice of toast or noodles with cheese and vienna or polony. For lunch its maybe three or four viennas or again noodles or toast and maybe a yoghurt or two. For dinner there are often times she has the same food, although we try force her to eat some rice, meat possibly some potato and we try either pumpkin carots etc. I know this is not enough but cannot force her to eat she just refuses.

What supplement is there that I can give her as I am worried that she develops an illness due to not eating correctly.

Foods she eats are: 2 minute noodles, viennas, polony, yoghurt, cheese, on the odd occasion bread, ham, cream cheese, marie biscuits plain, simba puffs, chicken pops, a bit of rice, potato, small portions of meat, chicken and very few veggies oh and fish fingers, smash, coldrinks like cream soda, fanta etc. and oros

Foods she does not eat: fruit, milk and just about everything else.

Do you have some advise for me,supplement wise etc. etc.

Tania

Reply to Tania
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-01-26

Dear Sarah
Good luck again