Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2010/04/19

advice

Hi i am going having gender reasignment surgary and when i informed my company director that i was going to have the surgary done in july i was basicaly asked to resign and when i told them i would not thay retrenched me saying thay are not busy at this point in time. What rights do i have if any.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: ADVICE

If they do go ahead and retrench you for the wrong reasons then you may challenge this retrenchment. You do have rights in terms of Section 189 of the Labour Relations Act.

2
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/04/29

RE: ADVICE

Reply to labour lawyer
Posted by: Dave | 2010/04/21

Hello
I worked at a company for 16 years and i had a back injury,however i was taken to hospital by the company ambulance and reports came back saying SLIGHT NARROWING ON L1 &  L2 VERTEBRA,so the company doctor closed the IOD without consulting with any specialist and diagnosed me with muscle spasm.Months later i couldnt walk and i was taken to a specialist were he found a broken disc and he had to operate,3 months later i was sent back to work doing the same job,The company refused me light duty based on the specialist decision,which caused me a second spine operation.I now no longer work for the company as i was retrenched in 2007 and can no longer find work due to my spine.Could you please advise me?

Dave

Reply to Dave