Question
Posted by: Help Needed | 2010-02-12

Advice??????

How and where do I start helping s partner he has been on Drugs (Rocks) since 2005.He does not do it everyday but the slightest problem he has he runs to it what makes it worse is he also confined to a wheelchair paralized has been for 10yrs now.The day after he uses this substance he will call me or ask me to please help him I dont know how anymore Ive tried being nice and nasty both hasn' t help what more is there to do?
On the other hand ihe forces and fights for our relationship he confuses me one minute we ok and next its the drugs again I have been seeing him for 12yrs so I know him pretty well but for these five years I dont feel I know him anymore its also beginning to effect me but on the other hand he is the father of my child and I would not like to see him hit rock bottom.

Expert ImageArchive

Greetings

Your partner might not be using rocks every day, but judging from your letter, he certainly is an addict. You are also mistaken if you think that he has not reached rock-bottom. He has.

His life (and yours) sound grim and should he continue using, things can only get worse.

You mention a child. Have you thought of the psychological scars inflicted on this child because of a father who is a raging rock addict in denial?

You have to be firm with him: he has to enter a treatment facility. You, too, need support, as it sounds as if you might be a co-dependent and as if you have been enabling this man.

Enabling him any further is not going to help you or your child. Please take this very seriously, even if it's just for the sake of your child.

How can a man who is addicted to rocks fulfil his duties as a father? Let alone as a partner or a husband.

Please email Ruby at ruby@harmonyclinic.co.za or phone on Tel: 021 790 7779.

We will be able to advise you and put you in touch with the right support groups.

1
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010-02-14

Greetings

Reply to Addictions expert forum