Question
Posted by: Pink | 2009/12/15

Advice

Please assist. I’ m having endless trouble with my 17 year old teenage daughter. It doesn’ t matter how I try an assist she' s just not improving on her behaviour. There’ s not a thing she have to done yet. She was pregnant and had an abortion, her grades are not higher than 40%, she started drinking and get rude when I talk about it but she just does not want to listen. I have been punishing her by not giving pocket money. I have been grounding  I have not been talking to her at one stage I have been talking very nice. Please advice what ells I can do? I am a single parent with a 2.5 year old son and have to give him attention as well.

I would also hesitate to give pocket money to a girl who'd waste it on alcophol or worse. Before she gets too old to allow you a legal say in her treatment, try to get her to see a shrink for assessment and counselling ; and if she refuses, see if there is a counsellor you could see who could advise you on how to work out a discipline system to try to help bring her back into some sort of proper control. Is there ANYONE else she is prepared to listen to, who could help her to see how self-destructive she is being, and how much she needs help ?

1