Question

Advice

hello doctor

2 days after having sex, i started smelling a fishy smell and started to get UTI symptoms (even though I took precautions and urinated and then showered afterwards) . I took 4x 250mg cranberry tablets and 2 probiotics tablets that day. Symptoms went away for a day, but have now come back since yesterday. I took 5 cranberry tablets yesterday and 4 probiotic tablets. Today I have taken 4 cranberry tablets and 1 probitoic tablet and the symptoms have not disappeared. Do you think it is a UTI and I need antibiotics?

thank you

Dear Anon
It may be better to have your urine tested at the pharmacy to make sure that the infection has been cleared. If you have a smelly yellow/green discharge you may need antibiotic for a vaginal infection. Ask your sex partner if he has a discharge as it could be a STD and that he also needs treatment.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/10/15

Dear Anon

Reply to cyberdoc