Posted by: Sandra | 2009-08-30

Hi, i am on st johns wort at the moment, and i would like to know if taking thermogenic slimming pills will have an affect on the SJW?

i would also like to know how thermogenic pills work on the body?

thank you

Dear Sandra
As I am not a herbalist, I cannot comment on the effect that St John's Wort will have on your thermogenic slimming pills or vice versa. I can only recommend that you check the Internet and see if this herb interacts with the ingredients of the thermogenic slimming pills. The same applies to the slimming pills. There are so many different, new slimming products that are launched every week, that I cannot keep up with them all. I am personally opposed to the use of any over-the-counter diet pills, including herbal ones. Most over-the-counter diet pills and products cost a lot of money, cause a whole range of negative side-effects and often don't do the job. There is very little scientific proof that the so-called thermogenic slimming pills actually have an effect on your metabolism. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', and then on 'Diet Detective' to compare the ingredients of such product with the list of herbal slimming ingredients that are potentially harmful. Rather be sensible and lose weight with a low-fat diet and daily exercise.

Posted by: Kasandra | 2009-08-30

If the pills contain stimulants like guruana or caffeine i would avoid it esp if you suffer from depression. They make you anxiouse and effect the mood which will counter the results with st johns wort. Rather stick to moderate exercise 30min a day. Avoid stimulants and avoid sugar and refined foods. Also take omega 3 (salmon oil tablets) and vitb. Remember st johns wort effect contraceptive pill.

Reply to Kasandra