Posted by: Ell | 2009-06-24

hi ladies
i was on Microval from Aug 08 to April 09 when i stopped bf.i never had a period since just after giving birth. started Yasmin May 09.i skipped the inactive tablets and started a new pack because i was going for a cyst aspiration and D& C on the 04/06.i bled for about 5 days after the op.i missed a pill on the 11/06 and took it the next day.continued as normal and had unprotected intercorse on the 18th.had doubts about the 7day rule and on the 19th my pharmacist adviced i take MAP because D& C makes one fertile.i' ve since taken my pill on time and just want to know when it is safe to stop using a condom. is there a chance i could have fallen preggies? should i expect my period at the end of this pack? tx

It is very unlikely that you woud have fallen pregnant. The MAP does interfere with your cycle so, while you probably will have your period at the end of the pack, therre is a possibility that the MAP will interfere with this. If you have been taking the Pill regularly since the 19th, you can stop using condoms after a week.