Posted by: SANDY | 2009-02-10

i have a geramn sheppord male dog,he is very old.i am now 23 i got the dog when i was 13 years of age.he really finds it hard to walk or evn eat.he cries all the time cause he is in pain.many people have said that he is suffering and i should just put him down.i really don t want to do that but then again i dont want him to suffer.what should i do,should i leave him to die on his own or put him down.

Dear Sandy

I have to agree with the comment.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-02-10

I can still have a degree of understanding for people who don' t like dogs to allow them to suffer... but if you care about him at all, surely you know what you have to do?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: WR | 2009-02-10

Get your GERMAN SHEPHERD to the Vet and have him put down. Many reason, one being you thinking this is a good enough place to ask these questions, but mostly because the dog is in obvious pain.

And then do some researching regarding animal husbandry.

Reply to WR
Posted by: GSD | 2009-02-10

Best advise I can give you is to have him checked out by a vet he might be suffering from HD. Your vet should then be able to advise you on the best way forward. But leaving him to die on his own when he is clearly suffering now is a bit cruel IMO.

Reply to GSD