Question
Posted by: ml | 2008/10/20

Advice

Ihave been noticing a strange trend regarding my menstrual cycle. In August I started spotting from day 21 until 26.My period came on day 30 and lasted for 3 days.In September I started spotting from day 23 until 27. My period came on day 33 and lasted 5 days. Now in October I started spotting from day 15 to 17 and had intercourse wit my husband the next day and started spotting again from day 19 until today which is day 24. I have taken a pregnancy test last week and it showed negative. Could you give an indication as to what could be wrong. I know that you would need to examine me but an indication would be fine.

There could be a number of possible reasons - hormonal, a polyp in the uterus, a cyst in the ovary, a cervical problem.