Question
Posted by: ANON | 2008/09/22

advice ?

hi CS please advice me on this,i got myself a car,and my boyfriend does not have a car,I could not drive when I got it and he has helped me by teaching to drive and all that,I have been allowing him to use the car now and again and even though my parents and friends are not comfortable with him using my car ,i have assured them that he has been helpfull since i just panic when driving myself,problem is ,he has been drinking and driving a lot and no matter how many times ,i tell him how uncomfortable i am about this he just seem to change for a few weekends and then go back to this whole drunken driving habit,I have decided that i will tell him to stop using my car but problem is ,i panick on the road,and i feel bad also ,what should i do????

Enabling someone else to drink and drive is an awful thing to do. And apart from the fact that you could be injured in the acident he might cause ( and the car written off before you've finished paying for it ) other people could be injured, and if the car is in your name, you could be legally liable for all the expenses if he caused an accident while driving it. Sounds like he has a drinking problem and should se someone about that, too.
Now, if you hyave some problems with panic when driving, see a counsellor / shrink for CVT style treament for your anxiety and to increase your self-confidence

1
Posted by: JK | 2008/09/22

You should get a professional driving instructor to show you the whole K53 and try get your license as soon as you are ready. It will be of good use to get proper lessons. You' ll feel more comfortable on the road as well.

You need that car first and foremost. Stop him from using the car immediately. That is not fair torwards you. Where' s the respect for you anyway.

Good luck. Your fear will pass. I use to feel just like this before learning to drive. How nerve-wrecking but I have a license and trust me, you will feel so much at ease.

Reply to JK