Posted by: Wilma | 2008-12-22

Adventure Racing

I would like to have the name of some sort of training professional which can help me get really fit for an adventure sprint race in March 2009 - I' m in the Randparkridge area in JHB.

I have done Bootcamp for a three month period and found it most enjoyable and seemed to cope quite well with the pace and strenuousness of the exercise programme but don' t want to go back again as I would like a programme specifically designed for the multi-discipline of adventure racing... Can you help?

Hi Wilma

The best person I know of is someone called Lisa de Speville, she used to be the equipment expert from RunnersWorld (which is how I know her), but she's very involved. Here is the web address:

And this is Lisa's personal site, where you can get hold of her. I'm not sure if she can give you a specific programme, but she'll be able to help with clubs and other people who are involved: